“Family – Forever, for always, and no matter what!”
I hope you are able to gather with your family and friends and enjoy some good food and company! Here are some Thankgiving did-you-knows that you can ‘wow’ them with, break the ice with, or create a fun game with! Enjoy….and I hope you are ready for Christmas! Now that Thanksgiving is here, that is my go-ahead to start preparing and celebrating the Christmas season.
DID YOU KNOW?!?!
1. A scared turkey can run at speeds of up to 20 miles per hour. They can also break into flight approaching speeds of 50-55 miles per hour in seconds
2. The first Thanksgiving traces back to the fall of 1621.
3. Turkeys can drown if they look up when its raining.
4. The first Thanksgiving feast was held to thank the Lord for sparing the lives of the survivors of the Mayflower, who landed at Plymouth Rock on Dec 11, 1620.
5. The celebration in 1621 lasted for three days.
6. Puritans of Mayflower used to drink beer.
7. A magazine editor, Sarah Josepha Hale, campaigned to make Thanksgiving a National Holiday in 1827.
8. In 1939, 1940, and 1941 Franklin D Roosevelt, seeking to lengthen the Christmas shopping season, proclaimed Thanksgiving the third Thursday in Nov. Controversy started, adn Congress passed a joint resolution in 1941 decreeing that Thanksgiving should fall on the fourth Thursday of Nov, where it remains.
Happy Thanksgiving and…
Be inspired, get creative, and have fun!